Tuesday, November 3, 2009

BLAKE LIVELY HITS NYLON MAG. WITH A BANG








With her new movie, Blake Lively proves her acting talent and appeal... again.

On TV, Serena van der Woodsen changes boyfriends, life goals, and party plans on a daily basis. But Blake Lively, who embodies Serena so well on
Gossip Girl, couldn't be more different.

When executive editor Stephanie Trong sat down with the fast-rising star to discuss her new movie,
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, she found that the former high school class president and California native is a focused and fiercely intelligent young woman.

The one similarity between Blake and her on-screen alter ego? They pile on designer clothes with the glee of a tween stacking her first set of plastic bangles. But nobody can blame her - if we had a Serena / Blake closet experience, we'd do it, too.


Blake on her new film, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. "I had a leash around my neck, and Julianne Moore was taking pictures. I thought, What am I doing with my life? What is happening? How is this a good idea?"

How she pranks her friends.
"I [credit-card] swipe my friends with, like, my phone or something, - I slide it in their butts. Like in middle school! You say ‘Visa! Mastercard!’ Just to give somebody a jump. I’m a prankster."

Her empathetic nature.
"I feel a lot. I get really bad stomachaches all the time. So I went to a doctor, and he said, 'You’re a feeler. I take on people’s pain a little too much."

Is she completely different from Serena?
"No, because I dress just like Serena! I own half her wardrobe, so it’s far too similar to the way I dress. I feel ridiculous at times with her – because I’m, you know, killing someone or marrying someone, but I look like me. I’m like, ‘Oh, this is absurd.’"
INTERVIEW BY STEPHANIE TRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment